All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTake on the role of the hero and save the world in this fully interactive, choose-your-own-destiny adventure story. YOU are the last of the Dragon Warriors - humans who, by reciting a certain spell, can take on the form of a dragon. For centuries your land has been at peace, but w Grull has emerged from the Iron Mines with an army. You have to take dragon form to defend your people from goblin riders on 3-headed wolves, barbarian clansmen riding taurogriffs, grey knights riding scorpion-tailed manticores, before finally facing Grull himself and his elite guard mounted on rocs, the most powerful flying creatures in existence.Part of the I:Hero Immortals series - where the hero never dies! If you become trapped simply return to the Sacred Grove in human form and begin your adventure again. Written by the award-winning duo Steve Barlow and Steve Skidmore Age appropriate for 6 to 8 year olds and more sensitive readers. Also suitable for reluctant readers and less confident older readers. Printed using a special font approved by the British Dyslexia Association.
- Author BiographySteve Barlow was born in Britain (in Crewe, in the county of Cheshire). He went to Brierley Street School, which was like Bash Street only not as sophisticated, then to Crewe County Grammar School for Boys (and what kind of school feels the need, in its name, to remind its pupils what gender they are? Hmmm?). He went on to study at Warwick University and Nottingham University, and worked at various times as a teacher, actor, stage manager and puppeteer. Then he went to teach in Botswana, where a valid excuse for students not handing in their homework was \'A goat ate it, sir!\'. On his return to the UK he met Steve Skidmore, and the rest is hysteria. Steve Skidmore is shorter than Steve Barlow and less hairy. He was born in Birstall near Leicester in England. After managing to pass some exams at school, he went on to Nottingham University to supposedly read English, but spent most of his time playing sport and doing a variety of summer jobs including counting pastry pie lids (yes, really). He trained as a teacher of Drama, English and Film studies, before teaming up with Steve Barlow to become a full time author. He lives in Leicester and is a great rugby fan (he supports Leicester Tigers - \'Come on you Tiiiiigeeeers!\').
- Author(s)Steve Barlow,Steve Skidmore
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication09/07/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleEdge - I Hero Immortals
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFranklin Watts Ltd
- Weight62 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementIllustrated edition
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 2
- Interest AgeFrom 5
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.