All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSupremely colourful, among the most voracious predators of the insect world and on the wing for more than 300 million years, dragonflies and damselflies capture the imagination in so many ways. Yet many aspects of their fascinating lives are little-kwn to humans. This book provides an insight into a hidden world through engaging text and stunning close-up photography. This book combines insightful writing with rarely seen images of the life and behaviour of the world's dragonfly and damselfly species. There are chapters on subjects such as hunting, courtship and the emergence of the nymphs and their subsequent transformation into adult dragonflies. These insects are further brought to life through the personal experiences of the author and photographers, and these are woven into the text.
- Author BiographyDavid Chandler is based in Histon, Cambridge, and has worked for the RSPB and BirdLife International for nearly 20 years. He is now a freelance writer and naturalist and has authored a number of titles, including All About Bugs, All About Garden Wildlife and Barn Owl for New Holland. The expert photographers include Steve Cham, who lives in Cambridge and has spent many years photographing dragonflies around the world. He specializes in aerial photography.
- Author(s)David Chandler
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication01/07/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNew Holland Publishers Ltd
- Content Note80 colour photos
- Weight616 g
- Width190 mm
- Height245 mm
- Photographs bySteve Cham
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.