Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.87Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt South Bay High, the drama just keeps on growing... In the long-awaited 15th volume of the Drama High series, Street Soldiers picks up with a murder in front of Jayd's grandparents' house. Mama and Daddy are convinced the police have the wrong suspect in custody and have joined forces to help organize the neighborhood and find the real killer. Mickey's ex-boyfriend has been arrested for the gruesome act, which is more like their wicked next-door neighbor, Esmeralda, and her shape-shifting boyfriend, Rousseau's handiwork. And to make matters worse, Esmeralda's influence in the community is growing stronger every day, and so are the powers of her top apprentices and Jayd's best frenemies, Misty and Emilio. With two of Jayd's closest friends, Mickey and Nigel at war over the custody of Mickey's daughter, Jayd's ex-boyfriend, Rah going back to his ex-girlfriend, Trish without Jayd's kwledge, and having to witness her most recent love, Jeremy pretend to date her newest enemy, Cameron, Jayd's had just about all the drama she can take and it's only the beginning of their senior year. Keenan, her new college coffee buddy, is the only one who can take her mind off of her chaotic life. Jayd decides that it's time to make some changes and get rid of anyone-and anything-holding her back.
- Author BiographyL. DIVINE In April of 2001, L. Divine began work on her series of books for young adults appropriately titled Drama High. As a teacher in the Los Angeles Unified School District, L. Divine noticed a rapid decline of literacy among youth. Her motivation for writing for teenagers was to create material that would simply inspire them to read for pleasure. Drama High, the premiere African American young adult fiction series, takes the reader on the familiar roller coaster ride that everyone knows and experiences in high school. We follow the main character, Jayd Jackson, through her first-person experiences with friends, boys, enemies, teachers, and family. Although this series focuses on the life of Jayd Jackson, a young black girl from Compton, CA attending a predominantly white high school in the South Bay of Southern California, the premise and issues are universal. The books have caught on quickly. L. Divine has had excellent reviews in Publisher's Weekly, Kirkus, Essence and Ebony magazines as well as several newspapers. The public has shown special interest in her series and it is swiftly growing in popularity. There are currently 15 volumes in publication, which debuted October, 2006. When not writing, L. Divine guest lectures and holds workshops for writers and young adults and provides individualized curriculum instruction through her organization, Empowered Readers Academy. She is also involved in community activities and serves as a writing expert on various panels. L. Divine served as a Visiting Scholar in the Center for the Study of Women at UCLA and continues to be an active member of academia, researching issues in African Diaspora and Women's Studies. An avid volunteer, L. Divine continues to serve communities who would not otherwise have access to the novels by donating her time and books to local schools and community programs focusing on African American teenagers. L. Divine has every intention of pursuing her goal: inspiring young people to read for pleasure. She already has plans for her second series, Drama U, which will focus on Jayd's college experience. L. Divine was raised in Compton, California and has lived all over Los Angeles, as well as in Jamaica, West Indies. She now resides in Atlanta with her daughter and son.
- Author(s)L Divine
- PublisherEbb & Flow Publications/L. Divine, Inc.
- Date of Publication08/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Series TitleDrama High
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEbb & Flow Publications/L. Divine, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $29.57
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $32.64
- AU $22.61Trending at AU $26.34
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.86
- AU $20.43Trending at AU $28.55
- AU $11.55Trending at AU $11.75
- AU $25.47Trending at AU $27.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.