About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines the dramatic rewritings that emerged in the period 1970-2007, during which stage adaptations flourished in Ireland. The year 1970 marked the beginning of a significant theatrical renaissance in Ireland, recalling that which occurred in the early twentieth century. This renewal was characterized by the prominence of major playwrights such as Brian Friel, Tom Murphy and Thomas Kilroy. The essays collected in this volume seek to provide new perspectives on theatre adaptation in Ireland, while shedding light on the particular features of the contemporary Irish theatre landscape. Far from being an exhaustive history of theatre adaptation, these articles, using differing methodologies, investigate the many ways in which adaptation has left its imprint on Irish theatre since the 1970s. Appended to this book is a DVD that offers excerpts from a staged reading of Enda Walsh's Pondlife Angels. This DVD also includes the recording of a roundtable discussion, in which two Irish directors express their views on contemporary Irish theatre.
- Author BiographyThierry Dubost is a professor at the University of Caen, Basse-Normandie, France. He is the author of Struggle, Defeat or Rebirth: Eugene O'Neill's Vision of Humanity (1997) and The Plays of Thomas Kilroy (2007), and has coedited five books. His research interests include Irish, American, and African drama. His translation of Wole Soyinka's Death and the King's Horseman was published in 1986.
- PublisherEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Date of Publication12/03/2012
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitleDramaturgies Textes, Cultures et Representations Texts, Cultures and Performances
- Series Part/Volume Number29
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2012
- ImprintEuropean Interuniversity Press
- Weight450 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Edited byThierry Dubost
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.47New
- AU $65.12Used
- AU $78.93New
- AU $105.86New
- AU $75.86Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $21.45Trending at AU $23.16
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.66
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.12
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $25.82
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.70
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $88.09
- AU $21.49Trending at AU $23.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.