All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
About this product
- DescriptionChesner's book explores dramatherapy as perhaps the most wide-ranging of all art forms, incorporating as it does elements of music, movement, design, story and performance, and addresses the value of action-based therapy methods with people with learning difficulties. An assessment of both theory - why is dramatherapy of such value with these particular clients? - and practice - what particular structures and methods are of use? - is facilitated by case-history examples of technique from both group and one-to-one situations, as the author considers the multidisciplinary potentials of dramatherapy and explores collaborations with speech therapy and music therapy. She also addresses the issues and dilemmas which arise in relation to the application of dramatherapy to this client group - therapy as education, training or psychotherapy? Providing encouragement and food for thought for dramatherapists, this book will also be of interest to drama workers and teachers, who will gain an insight into the points of connection and difference between their own work and that of the dramatherapist. Professionals from other disciplines may see the potential for creative co-working projects.
- Author BiographyAnna Chesner is a dramatherapist with people with learning difficulties at St. Ebbas Hospital, Epsom.
- Author(s)Anna Chesner
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/12/1994
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Notebibliography
- Weight353 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.