All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is generally thought that hands and feet are the hardest parts of the body to portray effectively in drawings, paintings and sculptures. Giovanni Civardi demystifies the process of capturing both with this inspirational, easy-to-follow guide. Using pencils, charcoal, pastels, pen and ink, watercolours, felt pens and more, Giovanni teaches the importance of observation and sketching, and how to capture life and movement. He shows how to simplify the hands and feet of children and adults, with illustrations and an easy-to-understand section on the importance of anatomy and proportions. Further explanations about light, shade and tone give helpful advice on capturing the essence of the drawing. Many different techniques are included, from the linear method where the contours of the shapes are sketched, to the structural method where the main areas are emphasised. For anyone interested in the figure, this book is invaluable. It is packed with information, quick sketches and more elaborate works.
- Author BiographyGiovanni Civardi is an Italian artist and teacher who for years has combined studies at the Faculty of Medicine, Milan, with the practice and teaching of sculpture.
- Author(s)Giovanni Civardi
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/06/2005
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleThe Art of Drawing
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note100 illustrations
- Weight318 g
- Width210 mm
- Height296 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.32Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.