All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThrilling but flawed, entertaining despite the swerves and double-crosses, captivating even when repugnant professional wrestling has enjoyed the attention and loyalty of untold millions for nearly a century. How and why is precisely what Larry Matysik examines in his third book, Drawing Heat the Hard Way: How Wrestling Really Works. Wrestlers have their own private language, and in the unique world of wrestling drawing heat is a very good thing: the successful generation of crowd reaction and fan excitement. The Hard Way? Thats both exactly what it sounds like and something no one in the industry plans for: a legitimate and unintentional wound suffered because somethings gone awry. In Drawing Heat the Hard Way, Matysik explains what it takes to win the hearts and minds of wrestling fans, and how, at times, mistakes, controversy and unexpected turns of events have damaged the reputation or forever changed the business he loves.
- Author BiographyLarry Matysik is an independent promoter who has worked in the professional wrestling industry for more than 45 years. He is a former television announcer and publicist who worked for the World Wrestling Federation from 1984 to 1993. He is the author of Brody and Wrestling at the Chase. He lives in Belleville, Illinois.
- Author(s)Larry Matysik
- PublisherECW Press,Canada
- Date of Publication24/09/2009
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationMontreal
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintECW Press,Canada
- Content Noteblack & white plates, colour plates
- Weight550 g
- Width170 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.