All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionImmediate and constructive, the physicality of hand drawing, upon which representation formats are based, is a necessary skill needed to communicate ideas in the field of architectural design. Drawing for Architects provides what practicing architects and architectural students need - a technique-based, progression of drawing types and instructions teaching core drawing principles needed to connect drawing with architectural design. Respected architect and author Julia McMorrough outlines issues around each of the types of drawing, showing that the conversations of plan, section, elevation, axometric, and perspective each have a relation to the kind of design information that drawing makes possible to express. Drawing for Architects explains both the technical and disciplinary importance of drawing and how to enable design creativity and application through its practiced use.
- Author BiographyJULIA MCMORROUGH is Associate Professor of Practice at the Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning at the University of Michigan, where she teaches design studios and representations courses. She has also taught design courses at the Boston Architectural Center and the Ohio State University. She is a LEED Accredited Professional, and since 1992 has worked professionally in architecture firms in Kansas City, New York, Boston, and Columbus, Ohio. In that time she was the lead designer on a range of project types throughout the country, including libraries, academic buildings, and housing. Julia holds a Bachelor of Architecture degree from the University of Kansas and a Master of Science in Advanced Architectural Design from Columbia University. Julia is a co-founder of studioAPT (with John McMorrough), a research and design collaborative, and is also the author of Materials, Structures, and Standards: All the Details Architects Need to Know But Can Never Find.
- Author(s)Julia McMorrough
- PublisherRockport Publishers Inc.
- Date of Publication07/05/2015
- Place of PublicationGloucester, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRockport Publishers Inc.
- Content Note500 color photos
- Weight658 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.