All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Drawn by a Star, Irish Andalucian-based artist and writer, Meg Robinson, documents an exhilarating personal quest charting the trials and triumphs of an intrepid South American journey. With a dramatic backdrop of Patagonian ice-fields, Chilean fjords, forests and the sw-capped Andes, she takes us to the remote pioneer village of Tortel on her search for a story to make into a film. Weaving astutely entertaining tales of the difficulties encountered by the independent traveller, informed accounts of the legacy of the European pioneers and introductions to characters as diverse as the Russian tarot reader who warns of a looming crisis and the intriguing Canadian wilderness guide with a mysterious past, Drawn by a Star is a compelling blend of travel narrative, history and spiritual autobiography. This beguiling book brings an awe-inspiring landscape to life and beautifully conveys the experience of a series of profoundly transformational inner and outer adventures.
- Author BiographyIrish artist/writer/explorer Meg Robinson's life started with trouble, continued with unusual parents and developed into a quest leading her to explore great wildernesses from Alaska to South America. Her apprenticeship as an artist/writer included working in a mice-infested pottery in Edinburgh, wrapping chocolates in a Dickensian factory and becoming a life model to pay the rent. She studied art in London, married twice, had two sons, wrote a film script, a stage play and two TV dramas, then created her own private art school. A miraculous recovery from a ten year illness in 1996 led to a fascination with wilderness, healing, spirituality, clowning and meditation. Meg then took a year's sabbatical which turned into seven years. In 2002 she restored an old house in a remote mountain village in Spain where she now offers spiritual and creative retreats. In 2009 a visit to Peru resulted in setting up a charity with a local man to bring winter aid to seventy high mountain families.
- Author(s)Meg Robinson
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight331 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.