All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpare, dry, and flecked with dark humor, Stephen Greco's Dreadught centers on a fictional American corporation selling goods and services to a global youth market of a billion souls. Like Mount Fuji in Hokusai's Thirty-Six Views, the Dreadught corporation - creator of the biggest brand in history - is visible directly or obliquely in each of these interrelated stories, which tell of who wins and who loses when young consumers and creative talent are stalked by a Big Brand of unprecedented power. Hint: Everybody loses - but the party's fun while it lasts. The vel's six tales are all set in New York's fast-lane of fashion, media, and the arts-populated chiefly by young people with more money, power, and influence than they kw what to do with: Forensics, No Hat For Dinner, Kate Neiring, 48 Huron Street, The Demographer, and General Everything.
- Author BiographyStephen Greco is the author of The Sperm Engine (Green Candy Press, 2002), a collection of erotic fiction and non-fiction that was nominated for a 2003 Lambda Literary Award. An arts-and-entertainment editor and brand strategy consultant, Greco lives in New York and is at work on another novel.
- Author(s)Stephen Greco
- Date of Publication12/12/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $24.16Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.