All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDream Boats is a beautiful, whimsical picture book that takes children on an adventure through a world of dreams. From Marco in the Andes who sails through the constellations and greets Mighty Viracocha, to Kaia in the Northwest coast, who floats near the shores of Haida Gwaii and adventures with Eagle, Orca, Grizzly Bear and her grandmother, to Ivan in St. Petersburg who sneaks behind the bony legs of Baba Yaga, Dream Boats is an enchanting visit to children from around the globe.
- Author BiographyDan Bar-el is a children's author, educator and storyteller. His work includes a series of satirical chapter books including Pussycat, Pussycat, Where Have You Been?, Things Are Looking Grimm, Jill (winner of the 2008 Silver Birch Express award) as well as two funny picture books including Alphabetter (chosen by the BC government for the Ready, Set, Learn program - 50,000 copies sent to preschool children across the province) and Such a Prince (a 2009 Blue Spruce Honour Book). In the past, Dan trained and worked professionally as an actor, has written for theatre, as well as written and performed comedy across Canada. He has many years experience working with school age children and currently facilitates a unique storytelling program that he brings to preschools and daycares. Dan merrily travels around the country visiting schools and libraries, and when he's not doing that, he lives and thrives in Vancouver along with the most adorable kitten in the known universe. Learn dubious facts about him on the web at www.danbar-el.com. Kirsti Anne Wakelin is a well-known freelance designer, writer and illustrator. She lives in Vancouver, BC.
- Author(s)Dan Bar-el
- PublisherSimply Read Books
- Date of Publication30/12/2013
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintSimply Read Books
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width279 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kirsti Anne Wakelin
- Reading AgeFrom 4 To 8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.