All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThe new and revised second edition of Dream Factory, w streamlined, simplified, and expanded! A complete and rules-light story telling game that focuses on the narrative heart of the story while maintaining traditional role-playing sensibilities. Not just the game system itself, this book includes extensive guidance on playing and running RPGs in general and this RPG in specific. Capable of being learned and played in minutes, but with eugh depth to be played for years, Dream Factory gets the game system out of the way so you can put the focus on your stories and experiences, t tables and charts. If you ever had a compelling story experience by book, TV, or film - or ever thought, I kw how I would have made that story better then this is the game for you.
- Author BiographyBenjamin Grant is no stranger to roleplaying games (RPGs). He has played (usually as the gamemaster) dozens and dozens of RPG systems for over thirty years, from the more mainstream D&D and World of Darkness to the more alternative Prime Time Adventures and Shock: Social Science Fiction. His bookshelves are full of several hundred gamebooks, with over a hundred different RPG systems represented at last count. He can often be found tweaking the rulesets of whatever games he winds up running, usually inventing whole subsystems, modifying the game being played to suit the precise needs of the specific gaming group. Apart from gaming, he maintains a keen and passionate interest in storycrafting, also going back over three decades. He is an avid consumer and dissector of television shows, films, and books ranging from horror to sci-fi, from adventure to drama, and from soaps to sitcoms - always looking for the compelling and uplifting story moments in which a made-up fiction can inspire within us a very real human response. All of these influences have finally come together in Dream Factory, his first published full-length roleplaying game. Benn Grant has taken what's best about both traditional, classical roleplaying games and narrative, alternative RPGs and added in the fruits of his decades of experience both of consuming stories and of creating them. After two years of writing, rewriting, and play-testing, Dream Factory is ready to be introduced to the public.
- Author(s)Benjamin David Grant
- PublisherCatnap Capers
- Date of Publication22/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCatnap Capers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.