All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe texts are extensively glossed and are accompanied by individual introductions and explanatory antations. A lightly regularized system of spellings has been adopted. No prior kwledge of Chaucer is assumed. Contexts connects the poems to their classical and medieval foundations and includes works by Virgil, Ovid, Cicero, Boethius, Dante, and Boccaccio, among others. From the wealth of scholarly work available, the editor has chosen for Criticism six essays that address the poems' central themes. Contributors include Charles Muscatine, A. C. Spearing, R. T. Lenaghan, Richard Firth Green, Elaine Tuttle Hansen, and Steven Kruger. A Chrology and Selected Bibliography are also included.
- Author BiographyKathryn L. Lynch is Katharine Lee Bates and Sophie Chantal Hart Professor of English at Wellesley College. She is the author of The High Medieval Dream Vision: Poetry, Philosophy, and Literary Form and Chaucer's Philosophical Dream Visions and editor of Chaucer's Cultural Geography. Her articles have appeared in, among other publications, The Chaucer Review, Studies in the Age of Chaucer, and Speculum.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Chaucer
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication02/02/2007
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleNorton Critical Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight320 g
- Width145 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byKathryn L. Lynch
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.