All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionThree young men started a farm at Margaret River when the south-west of Western Australia was being opened up to settlers in the early years of the last century. Life was hard but Lance, Chris and Evelyn were optimistic and energetic and they loved it. Their future was full of promise. Then came the Great War. Chris was killed at Gallipoli. Lance was wounded at Gallipoli and in the dying days of the war was killed on the Somme. Evelyn served at sea on the North Atlantic convoys. His ship was torpedoed by a U-boat and sunk, but he survived both the sinking and the war. Dream of Margaret River tells the story of their farm, their war service, their dreams of returning home, and the aftermath of the war. It is drawn entirely from original sources (letters, personal diaries, battalion diaries, government records, eyewitness accounts and contemporary newspaper articles) and, seven decades later, recollections by contemporaries.
- Author(s)Penelope Ransby
- Date of Publication01/08/2008
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationWoollahra, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width153 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.