All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHome, for me, was t a birthright, but an invention. It seems to me when we speak of home we are speaking of several things, often at once, muddled together into an uneasy stew. We say home and mean origins, we say home and mean belonging. These are two different things: where we come from, and where we are. Writing about belonging is t a simple task. Esi Edugyan chooses to intertwine fact and fiction, objective and subjective in an effort to find out if one can belong to more than one place, if home is just a place or if it can be an idea, a person, a memory, or a dream. How home changes, how it changes us, and how every farewell carries the promise of a return. Readers of Canadian literature, armchair travellers, and all citizens of the global village will enjoy her explorations and reflections, as we follow her from Ghana to Germany, from Toronto to Budapest, from Paris to New York.
- Author BiographyEsi Edugyan's novel, Half-Blood Blues, won the 2011 Scotiabank Giller Prize for Fiction. It was a finalist for the Man Booker Prize, the Governor General's Literary Award for Fiction, the Rogers Writers' Trust Fiction Prize, and was longlisted for the 2012 Orange Prize for Fiction. Edugyan has held fellowships in the US, Scotland, Iceland, Germany, Hungary, Finland, Spain, and Belgium. She lives in Victoria, British Columbia. Marina Endicott worked as an actor and director in Toronto and in England. She published her first novel, Open Arms (Douglas & McIntyre), in 2001. Good to a Fault (Freehand Books 2008) won the Commonwealth Writers Prize for Best Book, Canada/Caribbean region. The Little Shadows (Doubleday 2011) was nominated for the Scotiabank Giller Prize. Endicott also co-wrote the screenplay for the documentary film Vanishing Point, released in 2012.
- Author(s)Esi Edugyan
- PublisherUniversity of Alberta Press
- Date of Publication24/03/2014
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Series TitleHenry Kreisel Memorial Lecture Series
- Place of PublicationAlberta
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of Alberta Press
- Weight96 g
- Width133 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Introduction byRussell F. Taylor,Marina Endicott
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.02
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.