Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionI was a mother before I had my driver's license. I was selling my body before I knew its value. Immerse yourself into my world as I journey from childhood to motherhood to womanhood, all while the devil beckons me to his playground. I'm t talking about the red, fire breathing devil holding the pitch fork, but the one that Grandmother used to warn you about. I meet the devil that appears in the form of beauty and temptation. See how he tries to destroy me using dreams of love, money, lust and clout. Would you remain sane? Just when you think life can't get any worse, it does. Just when you think life gets better... The plight of Peaches Clements will have you wondering what happens to her next. If you put it down, you will spend all of your time wondering how Peaches looks, and comparing her to someone in your life. She could be you, your sister, your cousin and even your mother. Becoming Peaches will have you anticipating how your story ends. The unpredictable twists and turns will mesmerize the reader as they fall in love.
- Author BiographyA native Houstonian, Sahirah Muhammad, was raised in the historic Third Ward area. She is a very proud third generation graduate of Jack Yates High School, where she discovered her gift and passion for writing. While observing the struggles of her parents, a hard working and devoted single mother, and her father, a local businessman, Sahirah understood the value and possibiities that a higher education would offer. Sahirah began Peaches' story while still a student at Yates. She attended and graduated from Tuskegee University in Alabama. After she found herself a divorced, single mother, she poured herself into her writings and completed Dreaming on the Devil's Playground. This story was a 20 year work in progress. While struggling through unemployment and poverty, Sahirah discovered her true calling as a Special Educator. She is the oldest of four sisters and a brother. In her free time, she loves catering to her family. Preparing her three daughters to be successful, strong and empowered women of tomorrow is her internal motivation. She draws strength from her close friends, and receives encouragement from her sisterhood, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. Her faith and religion, Al Islam, keeps her balanced and grounded. Sahirah's motto: Ride life 'til the wheels fall off. Put 'em back on, and ride some more.
- Author(s)Sahirah A Muhammad
- Date of Publication21/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight313 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.