All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn oscillation between the real and the surreal, the conscious and subconscious, navigated through a viscous maze. This collection of excavated dreams and fantasies, bizarre descriptions of the daily and banal, is an interesting take on suppressed primal urges and the release of emotion in an uninhibited and sometimes unhinged way. The stories swing between matter-of-fact truths, phallic escape and release, spirituality, identity and the simultaneous surrender and victory over how we perceive life through drama, comedy and satire. These fragments are interconnected with the sticky thread of a mind that is both reptilian and humaid, both rational and deranged, both lucid and frenzied. And as each story is ingested you will realise that this common thread snakes its way through all of us, burrowing its way through and between our conscious and subconscious minds.
- Author BiographyBaret Yacoubian was born on March 11th 1981 in Nicosia, Cyprus. He has spent most of his life there save for travels in Europe and attending university in London. At twenty-four he published his first novel, Avalo (2005), which was a local success and became the subject of magazines, newspapers, radio shows and literary journals on the island. He currently lives in Nicosia where he continues to work and write prose.
- Author(s)Baret Yacoubian
- PublisherArmida Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication24/08/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNicosia
- Country of PublicationCyprus
- ImprintArmida Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight162 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.