All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith the advent of ukiyo-e woodblock prints, art became accessible to Japans burgeoning merchant classes. Though a uniquely Japanese art form, the prints reveal interests in celebrity, fashion, entertainment, and travel that have a universal human appeal, regardless of time or place. Dreams and Diversions celebrates Japanese woodblock prints with a collection of ten original essays by an international team of scholars. They draw attention to the unique and longstanding relationship between the port city of San Diego, its collectors, and the nation of Japan. The essays t only advance the field of art history with new research and discussions of rare prints but also tell engaging stories for all readers interested in Japanese art and culture from the 17th to the early 20th centuries. The contributors to Dreams and Diversions include Michael S. Iue, Hiroko Johnson, Andreas Marks, Junichi Okubo, and Sonya Rhie Quintanilla.
- PublisherSan Diego Museum of Art
- Date of Publication08/11/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationSan Diego, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSan Diego Museum of Art
- Content Note180 color illus.
- Weight1293 g
- Width6466 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byAndreas Marks,Sonya Rhie Quintanilla
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.