All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last quarter-century, Palestinian cinema has emerged as a major artistic force on the global scene. Deeply rooted in the historic struggles for national self-determination, this cinema is the single most important artistic expression of a much-maligned people. Despite the extraordinary social and artistic significance of Palestinian film, there is single volume in which its political and aesthetic aspects are carefully examined. Dreams of a Nation , a collection of essays and interviews in which filmmakers, critics and scholars reflect on its production and impact, is the most comprehensive book on Palestinian cinema in any language.
- Author BiographyHamid Dabashi is Professor of Comparative Study of Culture and Iranian Studies at Columbia University. His books include Close Up: Iranian Cinema: Past, Present and Future (also from Verso); and Theology of Discontent: The Ideological Foundatation of the Islamic Revolution in Iran.
- Author(s)Hamid Dabashi
- PublisherVerso Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2007
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVerso Books
- Content Note24 b/w photos
- Weight503 g
- Width203 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.