CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $102.86
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.06
- AU $14.37Trending at AU $15.54
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.48
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.33
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $35.77
- AU $28.41Trending at AU $30.53
About this product
- DescriptionWhiteson explores a controversial topic -- incest. The vel is set in Santa Monica, California, then moves on to Spain and then into France. It is told as a fictional memoir, written by Joel Bajamonde when he is an adult. It chronicles Joels total surrender to his Mother, Leila, and her extraordinary erotic energies and unfulfilled emotional needs. Joels father, Max, is a paraplegic, injured in an automobile accident when Joel is ten and when Max, an architect is offered a job up rth, the bizarre relationship between Mother and son begins. Joels life becomes more complex when he takes up with a Rory, a fellow student and, quite abruptly, Leila moves off to France where she was born. After graduating from college, Joel travels to Granada to study Spanish, Rory follows him, and then urges him to seek out and confront his mother in Paris. He does so -- and again becomes entangled in his mothers mysterious and incestuous powers! This is an intensely personal and erotic tale of a mother and her son -- and their bizarre yet mysterious relationship.
- Author BiographyLeon Whiteson is not just renowned as an architecture critic and columnist whose essays and articles have appeared in Architectural Digest, the Los Angeles Times, Toronto Star, etc., but he is also a very accomplished novelist. As a novelist, Whiteson explores the edgy sides of experience in a bold and accessible manner.
- Author(s)Leon Whiteson
- PublisherMosaic Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2004
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintMosaic Press
- Weight300 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.