All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionWilliam Travilla is one of the best costume designers of all time and Marilyn Monroe his most famous client. Marilyn's Dresses will focus on the striking dresses Travilla designed for Marilyn, from his early work on the thriller Don't Bother to Kck and the gorgeous pink dress in which Marilyn sang Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend to the legendary white dress from The Seven Year Itch , which arguably contributed to the collapse of Marilyn's marriage to Joe DiMaggio. Featuring Travilla's original sketches, rare costume test shots, dress patterns, photographs of Marilyn wearing the dresses, plus exclusive and never before-seen extracts from interviews with Travilla, this book offers a fresh insight into the golden age of Hollywood.
- Author BiographyKaren Homer is a fashion writer who has written for Vogue and The Times. She has authored three books, including Things a Woman Should Know About Shoes. Andrew Hansford manages Travilla's archive and was responsible for the 2008 exhibition. He has lectured to fashion students on Travilla and his work.
- Author(s)Andrew Hansford,Karen Homer
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication13/10/2011
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGoodman Books
- Content Noteapprox. 200 colour & b/w photos & ar
- Width222 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.