All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book takes the mystery out of couture techniques which many dressmakers assume are either extremely difficult, or only for the professional fashion designers. Dressmaker's Handbook shows that these skills can easily be acquired thanks to clear instructions in simple, step-by-step stages. Containing a complete guide to the fabrics suited to each technique and insider secrets from professional dressmakers, the book also includes catch-up panels and refresher tes for vices. The book is divided into 3 sections: couture bindings and finishes, designer underpinnings and finishing touches. Overall a book of fascinating techniques to take any sewing enthusiast to new levels of skill, enjoyment and confidence.
- Author BiographyLynda Maynard has a B.A. in Textiles and Clothing from San Jose State University and is an Adjunct Professor in the Fashion Design departments of two community colleges and a private design school in the San Francisco Bay Area. She is known in the industry as a fit specialist .
- Author(s)Lynda Maynard
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication22/11/2010
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note350+
- Width215 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.