All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrifting takes the reader from Haiti to the United States and back in the time before, during and after the catastrophic earthquake of 2010. Ulysse's lyrical writing is filled with the irony that comes with seeking to escape tragedy, tumbling into even more and discovering that a reversal of fortune is sometimes a change for the worse. Each short story centres around a different everyday person - from peasants trying to leave the countryside to an elderly woman seeking the help of a voodoo priest to help fix' her dying husband.'
- Author BiographyKatia D. Ulysse was born in Haiti, and moved to the United States as a teen. Her writings have been published in numerous literary journals, including the Caribbean Writer, Meridians, Calabash, Peregrine, and Smartish Pace, among others. Her work has also appeared in The Butterfly's Way and Haiti Noir. Her first children's book, Fabiola Can Count, was published in 2013. Ulysse lives in Maryland with her husband and daughter. When she's not reading, writing fiction, gardening, or teaching, she blogs on VoicesfromHaiti.com.
- Author(s)Katia D. Ulysse
- PublisherAkashic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAkashic Books,U.S.
- Weight259 g
- Width133 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.99New
- AU $71.82New
- AU $91.13New
- AU $79.26New
- AU $49.25New
- AU $21.55New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.74
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $30.99
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.37
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.26
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.11
- AU $10.69Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.