Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.50
About this product
- DescriptionIn 2009, Patrick Leigh Fermor's Spanish-language translator, Dolores Payas, visited the writer in his Greek home for the first time. By this time he was well advanced in years. Even so he received her with open arms and made her feel at home. A friendship sprung, other visits followed. The legendary adventurer and man of letters sat his translator at his table, stuffing her with food, drink and words (particularly drink and words). In short, he granted her access into his universe. It was a huge and generous gesture, one of those which cant be forgotten. Gratitude is an active feeling, something had to be done. Out of this emerged Drink Time!, a homage, a token of thanks and a love letter at the same time. This little book is a charming, personal and moving portrait of Patrick Leigh Fermor during his final years. It depicts the author, but also a man full of humanity and charm, of tolerance and affection.
- Author BiographyDolores Payas was born in Spain but now leads a semi-nomadic existence, sharing her time between Beijing, Greece and Barcelona. Her fields of interest are ample: she is passionate about languages, literature and music, loves country houses, and is most at peace in her garden or her kitchen. She has written for the silver screen and directed two feature films. Endlessly versatile, Payas is the author of a novel (Adorables Criaturas) and a series of short stories based on her experiences living in China (Desde una bicicleta China). Under her pseudonym of V.I. Bott, she has written an erotic novella (El Amante de Albion). She is also the acclaimed translator of the books of Patrick Leigh Fermor into Spanish, as well as his official biography, and has published a short memoir (Drink Time!) recounting her time spent with the legendary explorer during his final years.
- Author(s)Dolores Payas
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight150 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Translated byAmanda Hopkinson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.