All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionThis textbook provides a comprehensive review of the problems associated with the supply of drinking water in the developed world. Since the first edition of this book was published, water companies and regulators have been presented with numerous new challenges - global warming has seriously affected water supplies and water quality; advances in chemical and microbial analysis have revealed many new contaminants in water that were previously undetectable; and recent terrorist attacks have demonstrated how vulnerable water supplies are to contamination or disruption. This new edition includes an overview of the current and emerging problems, with potential solutions. It has been completely updated, and includes the WHO Revised Drinking Water Guidelines. An ideal textbook for courses in environmental science, hydrology, environmental health and environmental engineering; it also provides an authoritative reference for practitioners and professionals in the water supply industry.
- Author BiographyNick Gray is a Professor at the Centre for the Environment at Trinity College, Dublin. He was worked in the area of water technology for 30 years, and is internationally known as a lecturer and author in water quality and pollution control. His research specializes in the operational problems associated with supplying drinking water and treating wastewaters.
- Author(s)N. F. Gray
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication03/04/2008
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note67 b/w illus. 112 tables
- Weight950 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.