All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionFINALIST FOR THE 2013 COLORADO BOOK AWARD. Turn in your badge, Jack Kerouac, there's a new sheriff in town and her name is Christina Nealson! proclaimed John Nichols, author of The Milagro Beanfield War on Drive Me Wild. It was the vision of debt-free simplicity that tempted writer Christina Nealson to swap real estate for wheel estate; days of wanderlust journeying into remote places and then staying put. In the span of six months the house in Taos NM and 95% of her possessions were kaput. The die was cast as she forsook her backpack tent and moved into a 35-foot motorhome with her stubborn German husband, a Bengal leopard cat and 110-pound black Newfie dog. What began as the ultimate travel life dream soon crescendoed into an itinerant life that turned over the odometer of spiritual revelation. The geographical map covered British Columbia to the tip of the Baja Peninsula, crisscrossing the American West. The mystical map was marked by n-ordinary meetings with moose, gray whales, mountain lions, dolphins and grizzlies, as the wild mothers showed up with their young in a purposeful procession of awe. The journey of the soul was the answer. Nealson's life as writer, her marriage and the very essence of the wild - her own and the planet's - were the questions. This book takes you places you will never go; enters spiritual realms inaccessible to most. Drive Me Wild is a travel book for the soul, sure to capture and enthrall.
- Author BiographyChristina Nealson is author of three previous books: New Mexico's Sanctuaries, Retreats and Sacred Places, Living on the Spine: A Woman's Life in the Sangre de Cristo Mountains and At the Edge: Cooperative Teachings for Global Survival. She is the photographer for four others. The geo-gypsy and photojournalist has followed her heart and assignments to Africa, Central America and across the back roads of the U.S. West, Canada and Mexico. She teaches, lectures and blogs about the wild as she travels solo with Teak the chocolate lab and Hobo, an orange tabby who climbed onto the undercarriage of her truck in the British Columbia backwoods. Ultimately, she will tell you, that wildness begins within. You can visit her at christinanealson.com and read her latest ruminations and escapades at christinanealson.blogspot.com.
- Author(s)Christina Nealson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication03/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight308 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.