All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.06
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.12
- AU $33.01Trending at AU $39.52
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.35
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.47
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionBy the acclaimed author of the classic Patriots and Union 1812, this major work of narrative history portrays four of the most turbulent decades in the growth of the American nation. After the War of 1812, Presidents Monroe, Jackson, Van Buren, and Polk led the country to its Manifest Destiny across the continent, but the forces and hostility unleashed by that expansion led inexorably to Civil War.As president, Andrew Jackson decreed that the Indians of Georgia be forcibly removed to make way for the exploding white population. His policy set off angry debate in the Senate among such giants as Henry Clay, John Calhoun, and Daniel Webster, and protests from writers in the rth like Ralph Waldo Emerson, who represented the growing abolitionist movement. Southern slave owners understood that those protests would t stop with defending a few Indian tribes.
- Author BiographyA. J. Langguth, professor emeritus of journalism in the Annenberg School for Communication at the University of Southern California, is the author of almost a dozen books, including Union 1812; Patriots: The Men Who Started the American Revolution; and Our Vietnam: The War, 1954-1975. He lives in Los Angeles. Mel Foster has narrated over 150 audiobooks and has won several awards. Twice an Audie finalist for 1864: Lincoln at the Gates of History by Charles Bracelen Flood and Finding God in Unexpected Places by Philip Yancey, he won for the latter title. He has also won several AudioFile Earphones Awards. Best known for mysteries, Mel has also narrated classic authors such as Thoreau, Nabokov, and Whitman.
- Author(s)A. J. Langguth,A.J. Langguth
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication09/11/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight74 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Mel Foster
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time900
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.