Driven to Distraction at Work: How to Focus and be More Productive by Ned Hallowell (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.02Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $44.48+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAre you driven to distraction at work? Bestselling author Edward M. Hallowell, MD, the world's leading expert on ADD and ADHD, has set his sights on a new goal: helping people feel more in control and productive at work. You kw the feeling: you can't focus; you feel increasingly overwhelmed by a mix of nstop demands and techlogy that seems to be moving at the speed of light; and you're frustrated just trying to get everything done well--and on time. Not only is this taking a toll on performance, it's impacting your sense of well-being outside the office. It's time to reclaim control. Dr. Hallowell w identifies the underlying reasons why people lose their ability to focus at work. He explains why commonly offered solutions like learn to manage your time better or make a to-do list don't work because they igre the deeper issues that are the true causes of mental distraction. Based on his years of helping clients develop constructive ways to deal with distraction, Dr. Hallowell provides a set of practical and reliable techniques to show how to sustain a productive mental state. In Part 1 of the book, he identifies the six most common ways people lose the ability to focus at work--what he calls screen sucking (internet/social media addiction), multitasking, idea hopping (never finishing what you start), worrying, playing the hero, and dropping the ball--and he explains the underlying psychological and emotional dynamics driving each behavior. Part 2 of the book provides advice for training your attention overall, so that you are less susceptible to surrendering it, in any situation. The result is a book that will empower you to combat each one of these common syndromes--and clear a path for you to achieve your highest personal and professional goals.
- Author BiographyEDWARD M. HALLOWELL, MD, runs the Hallowell Centers in Sudbury, Massachusetts, New York City, and San Francisco, all specializing in training attention in people of all ages. He lives in the Boston area with his wife, Sue. Visit his website at drhallowell.com.
- Author(s)Ned Hallowell
- PublisherHarvard Business School Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBoston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business School Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight485 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.05New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.