Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
About this product
- DescriptionHave you ever thought much about the person driving your taxi? Or do you just get in, lost in your own thoughts, pay the fare, get out and carry on with your day? He, or she, is just like you in a lot of ways. Trying to earn a living, worrying about day to day expenses, thinking about family problems. Driven To The Brink follows the life of taxi driver, Malcolm Cooper, who has been in the business for thirty-eight years. It relates how he got into taxi driving after trying a number of different jobs and how much he loved the work, and the contact with his passengers, regular or otherwise and fellow taxi drivers. He was involved in the school run, the trips to the doctor, the dentist and the hospital and became good friends with a lot of his regulars. Like all jobs it has its frustrations and bad days, but as Malcolm says there was never a day that he did t want to go to work. Everything changes though and the time comes when he feels it is time to call it a day, hand in his badge and move on into retirement. A different type of life beckons.
- Author BiographyMalcolm Cooper was born in Chester on 5th May 1948. From the age of nine months he travelled with his parents via the Royal Air Force. After trips to Hong Kong, Egypt and Germany; and the untimely death of his father he started teacher training at Christ Church College, Canterbury, which was conveniently close to his mother living in Ashford. After completing his course and a short spell of teaching (which was not his vocation) Malcolm went on to be a taxi driver in Canterbury.
- Author(s)Malcolm Cooper
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication30/10/2015
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.