All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew York Times bestselling author and king of immersion journalism A.J. Jacobs tackles his most challenging experiment yet: a yearlong mission to radically improve every element of his body and mind from his brain to his fingertips to his abs. Having lifted his spirit in The Year of Living Biblically and sharpened his mind in The Kw-It-All, A.J. Jacobs had one feat left in the self-improvement trinity: to become the healthiest man in the world. He doesn t just want to lose a couple of pounds, or finish a triathlon, or lower his cholesterol. First, he had to tackle a complicated web of diet and exercise advice, most which is nsensical, unproven, and contradictory. Second, he had to consult a team of medical advisers. And finally, he had to subject himself, over the course of two years, to a grueling regimen of exercises, a range of diets and nutritional plans, and a brutal array of techniques and practices to improve everything from his hearing to his sleep all the while testing the patience of his wife. This latest work bursts with hilarity and warmth, all the while testing our culture s assumptions and obsessions with what makes good health and allowing the listener to reflect on his or her own health, body, and eventual mortality.
- Author BiographyA.J. Jacobs is the author of the New York Times bestsellers The Know-It-All, The Year of Living Biblically, and The Guinea Pig Diaries. He is the editor at large of Esquire magazine, a contributor to NPR, and has written for The New York Times, The Washington Post, and Entertainment Weekly. Visit him at AJJacobs.com.
- Author(s)A J Jacobs
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Audio
- Date of Publication10/04/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Audio
- Weight259 g
- Width129 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Read byA J Jacobs
- Contained items statement9 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time660
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.19New
- AU $24.80New
- AU $31.50New
- AU $14.52New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.29Trending at AU $51.08
- AU $38.88Trending at AU $47.27
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.20
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $36.91
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $17.42Trending at AU $20.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.