All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat would happen if the water ran out? Ex-Marine Martin Makepeace only learned the truth of the maxim that you don't kw what you have until you lose it, the day his wife walked out on him with their two kids. Now, the social worker does his best to take care of those who need it most. But good deeds mean thing when the water just ...disappears. It hasn't rained for months, and w, in the height of summer, the taps run dry. And t, as they first suspect, because of a burst water main. In the deprived areas where Martin works, the water's been intentionally cut off. And it's his job, he discovers, to tell the families he cares for t to panic. Martin soon has more problems than lack of water. His daughter is sick with fever. And as riots over bottled water start, Martin's teenage son is framed, and arrested, for a terrible crime. Soon Martin is left with choice but to take drastic action to save his family, while corrupt politicians try and use the situation to their advantage, with calamitous results...
- Author BiographyGraham Masterton, a master of modern horror (Library Journal), is one of the world's best-selling horror writers. A journalist by trade, Masterton's debut novel, The Manitou, was an instant hit and was filmed with Tony Curtis and Susan Strasberg.
- Author(s)Graham Masterton
- PublisherSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication07/05/2014
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationSutton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintSevern House Publishers Ltd
- Weight484 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,With printed dust jacket
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.