All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.57
About this product
- DescriptionAges 7 to 14 years. Long periods of sweltering weather can scorch crops, cause widespread famine, and kill animals and people. Governments around the world are continuously developing plans to conserve electricity and water in the event of a drought or heat wave. The full-colour illustrations and photographs of will have children thirsting for more! Topics include: techniques to stay safe during times of extreme heat and drought; step-by-step explanation of how long periods of hot weather and droughts occur; famous heat waves and droughts throughout the world, and the damage that they caused; how ancient peoples predicted droughts, and the equipment that; meteorologists use to forecast these natural disasters today; the ways that countries recover from droughts, and the harmful effects of droughts and heat waves on our environment.
- Author(s)Paul Challen
- PublisherCrabtree Publishing Co,Canada
- Date of Publication20/10/2004
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleDisaster Alert!
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintCrabtree Publishing Co,Canada
- Content Notecolour photos & illus
- Weight172 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.