All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDrug Diplomacy is the first comprehensive historical account of the evolution of the global drugs control regime. The book analyzes how the rules and regulations that encompass the drug question came to be framed. By examining the international historical aspects of the issue, the author addresses the many questions surrounding this global problem. Including coverage of substances from heroin and cocaine to morphine, stimulants, hallucigens and alcohol, Drug Diplomacy addresses: * the historical development of drug laws, drug-control institutions, and attitudes about drugs * international control negotiations and the relationship between the drug question and issues such as trade policy, national security concerns, the Cold War and medical considerations * the reasons why the goal to eliminate drug abuse has been so hard to accomplish.
- Author BiographyWilliam B. McAllister is Lecturer in History and Faculty Consultant at the Teaching Resource Center at the University of Virginia.
- Author(s)William B. McAllister
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/09/1999
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight498 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.50Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.