All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionDrug Efficacy, Safety, and Biologics Discovery: Emerging Techlogies and Tools covers key emerging techlogies in pharmaceutical R & D and how they have substantially impacted (or are currently impacting) drug discovery. The cross-disciplinary collaborations implicit in integrating these techlogies with drug discovery operations will fuel the engine for future invations. This book cuts across the multiple areas of drug discovery, each chapter authored by pioneers in that field, making for a broad appeal to the chemical and biological scientists and techlogists involved in drug discovery and development.
- Author BiographySean Ekins, MSc, PHD, DSc, is the Principal at Collaborations in Chemistry; and Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences at the University of Maryland, School of Pharmacy. Dr. Ekins has published widely on ADME/Tox, systems biology, computational, and in vitro drug discovery approaches. He has previously edited two Wiley books: Computer Applications in Pharmaceutical Research and Development (2006) and Computational Toxicology: Risk Assessment for Pharmaceutical and Environmental Chemicals (2007). Jinghai J. Xu, PHD, is Director of Automated Biotechnology at Merck. Previously he headed predictive toxicology at Pfizer, where he led research activities in drug-induced liver injury, genetic toxicology, drug transporters, assay development, high content screening, in vitro in vivo correlations, systems biology, and systems toxicology. Dr. Xu has served on steering committees of academic-industry and industry-industry collaborations, and as a guest lecturer at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication27/01/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleWiley Series on Technologies for the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight730 g
- Width165 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byJinghai J. Xu,Sean Ekins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.