Drug Interventions in Criminal Justice by Anthea Hucklesby, Emma Wincup (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $38.73Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $103.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe contributors [to this book] have first-hand experience of conducting research on interventions for drug users and approach the issues from a crimilogical/criminal justice perspective!'Drug Interventions in Criminal Justice' usefully brings thoughtful considerations of a range of research studies together in a coherent and structured way. It engages with the challenges of 'coerced' intervention and provides some fascinating insights into the murky waters that lie beneath 'effective' interventions. Indeed, the content of this book, without doing so directly, provides some impetus for those advocating the need for drug policy to take a broader social contextualisation of drug use and responses to it. British Journal of Community Justice, Vol 9, Issues 1 & 2 special issue on the Rehabilitation Revolution Under the New Labour government, breaking the apparent link between drug use and crime became one of the main aims of drug policy. A wide range of initiatives to tackle drug-related crime were introduced under the auspices of the Drug Interventions Programme and criminal justice agencies became key players in channelling drug users into treatment. This book focuses on the range of drug interventions w available at all stages in the criminal justice process that have been put in place to reduce drug-related offending. It comprises of a series of eight chapters from eleven authors who were all actively engaged in researching these new initiatives from crimilogical and criminal justice perspectives. Each chapter brings together theory, policy and research (including the author's own research) to provide a thorough review and analysis of the operation, impact and effectiveness of one or more drug interventions. A further chapter is dedicated to researching drug interventions in criminal justice. The book also contains a further resources section. Drug Interventions in Criminal Justice is a key text for students and academics in the fields of crimilogy and criminal justice, social policy and social work, health and social care, and addiction studies. It is essential reading for professionals and policy-makers working in for drug sector and criminal justice organisations. Contributors: Anthea Hucklesby, Stuart Lister, George Mair, Gill McIvor, Matthew Millings, Ian Paylor, Layla Skinns, Alex Stevens, Paul Turnbull, Alison Wilson, and Emma Wincup.
- Author BiographyAnthea Hucklesby is Reader in Criminal Justice and Deputy Director of the Centre for Criminal Justice Studies, University of Leeds, UK. Her research interests focus on the criminal justice process and the treatment of defendants/offenders within it. Emma Wincup is a Senior Lecturer in Criminology and Criminal Justice and Deputy Director of the Centre for Criminal Justice Studies, University of Leeds, UK. Her research explores the relationship between crime and social exclusion and the intersections between criminal justice and social policy.
- Author(s)Anthea Hucklesby,Emma Wincup
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2010
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight319 g
- Width60 mm
- Height91 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.21New
- AU $18.80New
- AU $10.94Used
- AU $24.85New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.60New
- AU $6.47Used
- AU $19.97New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.81New
- AU $11.56Used
- AU $24.00New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.81Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $16.80Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.06
- AU $78.79Trending at AU $90.48
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.