All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionMark Schuckit's Drug and Alcohol Abuse has been a clinical mainstay for over a quarter century. Now the author's trusted expertise is available in a new Sixth Edition, thoroughly revised for content, updated references, and streamlined for increased usefulness. Schuckit combines his experience as practitioner, researcher, and teacher to give professionals and students across the health and mental health disciplines a working kwledge of drug-related pathology, beginning with pharmacology, drug mechanisms, and genetic factors. And the Sixth Edition is as accessible as its predecessors, striking the right comfort level for the classroom or the emergency room. -Clinical/emergency orientation suited to both chronic misuse and acute situations -Coverage reflects current trends in alcohol, drug, and multidrug use, abuse, and dependence -Concise chapters for quick reference -Updated bibliography-approximately 80% of citations are post-2000 -Diagstic information reflects upcoming changes to the DSM -Latest strategies in treatment (psychological and pharmacological) and rehabilitation All material is organized for ease of use, whether the reader needs fast answers in a crisis, seeks new ideas for helping long-term patients or clients, or is just becoming familiar with the different drug classifications. This new edition offers expanded kwledge of a wide-ranging problem and a growing and clinically important population, and authoritative suggestions for effective care.
- Author(s)Marc A. Schuckit
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2010
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight629 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement6th ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2006
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.