All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume explores the correlation between drug abuse and crime. In examining the thinking and behavioural patterns common to both, it proposes a new explanatory model. Seeing involvement in drug abuse and crime as overlapping lifestyles, the author considers four primary factors: conditions, choices, cognitions and change. By comparing this new model with existing models, Walters provides new insight into drug abuse, crime and their overlap.
- Author BiographyGlenn D. Walters received his Ph.D. at Texas Tech University in 1982 with a concentration in Counseling Psychology and a minor in Neuroscience. He is employed full-time as a psychologist in a correctional setting while also teaching courses, both graduate and undergraduate, as an Adjunct Professor at The Pennsylvania State University, Schuylkill, and Lehigh University. In addition to forensic psychology, he teaches abnormal psychology, psychological assessment, and developmental psychology. He has written two other books with SAGE: Drugs & Crime in Lifestyle Perspective (1994) and The Criminal Lifestyle: Patterns of Serious Criminal Conduct (1990). The present book is an outgrowth of the author's experiences teaching criminology and forensic psychology and the realization that crime is better understood once students appreciate the context of criminal development and desistance.
- Author(s)Glenn D. Walters
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication25/04/1994
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleDrugs, Health, and Social Policy
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 1
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.