All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionDrugs in Society: Causes, Concepts, and Control, Eighth Edition, focuses on the many critical areas of America's drug problem, providing a foundation for rational decision-making within this complex and multidisciplinary field. Lyman offers a comprehensive big-picture examination of the US drug problem, dealing with drugs, abusers, drug enforcement, and public policy. Organized in three sections: Understanding the Problem, Gangs and Drugs, and Fighting Back, topics covered include the business of drugs and the role of organized crime in the drug trade, drug legalization and decriminalization, legal and law enforcement strategies, an analysis of the socialization process of drug use and abuse, and a historical discussion of drug abuse that puts the contemporary drug problem into perspective. Suitable for upper-level undergraduates in Criminal Justice, Crimilogy, and related programs, Drugs in Society, Eighth Edition, uses logical organization and strong pedagogy (case studies, focused text boxes with related information, critical thinking tasks) to support learning objectives.
- Author BiographyMichael D. Lyman, is a Professor of Criminal Justice in the Criminal Justice and Human Services Department at Columbia College of Missouri. In addition to being a teaching faculty member, he serves as the Graduate Coordinator for the Master of Science in Criminal Justice Program and Director of the Forensic Science Program. He is designated as an expert in police procedure in more than 30 states and frequently testifies as an expert witness in criminal cases.
- Author(s)Michael D. Lyman
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/2016
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note44 black & white illustrations, 28 black & white tables, 37 black & white halftones, 7 black & white line drawings
- Weight907 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement8th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.