All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplore the brain and discover the clinical and pharmacological issues surrounding drug abuse and dependence. The authors, research scientists with years of experience in alcohol and drug studies, provide definitions, historic discoveries about the nervous system, and original, eye-catching illustrations to discuss the brain/behavior relationship, basic neuroanatomy, neurophysiology, and the mechanistic actions of mood-altering drugs. You will learn about: * how psychoactive drugs affect cognition, behavior, and emotion * the brain/behavior relationship * the specific effects of major addictive and psychoactive drug groups * new definitions and thinking about abuse and dependence * the medical and forensic consequences of drugs use Drugs, the Brain, and Behavior uses a balance of instruction, illustrations, and tables and formulas that will give you a broad, lasting introduction to this intriguing subject. Whether you're a nurse, chemical dependency counselor, psychologist, or clinician, this book will be a quick reference guide long after the first reading.
- Author BiographyJohn Brick, PhD, is a research scientist and educator with over 35 years of experience in alcohol and drug studies. Dr. Brick is Executive Director of Intoxikon International, and former Chief of Research, Center of Alcohol Studies, Education and Training Division, and Chairman of the Graduate Curriculum on the Biology of Alcohol at Rutgers University. Carlton (Carl) K. Erickson, PhD, a research scientist, has been studying the effects of alcohol on the brain for over 45 years. He presently is the Pfizer Centennial Professor of Pharmacology/Toxicology, Associate Dean for Research and Graduate Studies, and Director of the Addiction Science Research and Education Center in the College of Pharmacy at the University of Texas at Austin.
- Author(s)Carlton K. Erickson,John Brick
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication30/11/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Note36 black & white illustrations, 36 black & white tables, 27 black & white halftones, 9 black & white line drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.