All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt last: Drupal made truly easy! Master Drupal 7 hands-on, step-by-step, through easy examples from a leading Drupal trainer! Drupal 7 is an amazingly powerful web content management system. But many newcomers find it confusing, and most Drupal books are just too complicated to help. If you want to spend less time struggling with complex instructions, and more time building sites that make you proud, this is the book for you! Top Drupal trainer Stephen Burge teaches everything you need to kw-and thing you don't need to kw! You'll master Drupal one easy step at a time, through a complete, real-world sample project. You'll find crystal-clear visuals, simple explanations, perfect analogies-all extensively tested with real Drupal beginners. This Guide's quick, easy coverage includes * Planning a site that will be easy to build and manage * Installing Drupal and setting it up to work reliably and securely * Quickly finding the Drupal tools and features you're looking for * Mastering an easy 3-step workflow for creating new content * Delivering more interesting content with fields and new content types * Creating intuitive site structures and user navigation * Adding powerful site features with just a few clicks * Completely redesigning your site in minutes with Themes * Adding site search, registration, and more * Presenting content in tables, lists, grids, or photo galleries * Creating advanced layouts and 2- or 3-column designs * Controlling what users on your site can see and do * Preparing your site for launch * Administering and updating a live site efficiently and safely Drupal 7 Explained requires absolutely experience with Drupal, content management, website construction, programming, scripting, or even HTML. Stephen Burge has taught thousands of beginners-and thousands more who've experimented with Drupal but haven't mastered it yet. Nobody kws more about guiding Drupal users up the learning curve-from confusion to results!
- Author BiographyStephen Burge has split his career between teaching and web development. In 2007, he combined the two by starting to teach web development. His company, OSTraining, now teaches Drupal classes around the world and online. Stephen travels widely, helping people learn and thrive with open source software. Stephen is originally from England, and now lives in Atlanta. Cindy McCourt is an experienced Drupal trainer, who coaches clients side-by-side to build internal Drupal capacity while planning and developing their Drupal solution. She specializes in user experience planning, configuration and code strategizing, site building, and project management. Cindy authored Getting Started with Drupal 7, a Refcard provided by dzone.com, and offers Drupal insights via her blogs on idcminnovations.com and ostraining.com.
- Author(s)Stephen Burge
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication17/01/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrentice Hall
- Content NoteIllustrations (black and white)
- Weight752 g
- Width180 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.