Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.51
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.42
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook is a concise, easy-to-read, practical guide that conveys the core kwledge necessary to diagse, classify, grade, and manage dry eye disease effectively and efficiently. A series of succinct, informative chapters cover the following key topics: definition and classification, epidemiology, office-based screening and diagstics, artificial tears, medical management, surgical management, and future directions. Current guidelines, published studies, and the personal experience of internationally recognized dry eye experts are distilled into practical tips that will be of value during daily clinical routine. Highlighted boxes are included to emphasize the most important points or clinical pearls, and tables and flow charts will further assist the eye care practitioner in using the book as a quick reference. The closing chapter presents case examples that build upon the instruction provided earlier in the book by illustrating the optimal approach to diverse scenarios that may be encountered in the clinic.
- Author BiographyColin C.K. Chan is an Associate Professor at the School of Optometry and Vision Science, Faculty of Science, University of New South Wales, Australia and a practicing corneal and refractive surgeon at the Vision Eye Institute at Chatswood and Bondi Junction. Dr. Chan is a Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists and holds a number of further positions, including as Director of the Dry Eye Clinic at Bondi Junction and Chatswood; Clinical Senior Lecturer at the Central Clinical School (Medicine), University of Sydney; and Director, Refractive Surgery Degree, Unit 1, Save Sight Institute and University of Sydney. He is a member of the External Eye Disease Advisory Boards at Alcon Pharmaceuticals Ltd. and Bausch and Lomb Ltd. Dr. Chan is a reviewer for numerous renowned journals and is the author of more than 25 research papers in peer-reviewed journals as well as several book chapters. He has been principal or co-investigator on various clinical trials, including one investigating eye drop formulations in subjects with dry eye disease.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication19/02/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleEssentials in Ophthalmology
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 58 colour illustrations, 22 black & white tables, biography
- Weight467 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byColin Chan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.