All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe surface of the eye is the most exposed aqueous medium in the human body. It is also the most sensitive nerve center. The tears depend upon the coordination of aqueous, lipid and protein components to maintain the comfort and efficiency of health of the cornea as the first optical medium of our dominant sense, Vision. This system is exquisitely sensitive to the chemistry of our environment, both internal and external. By supporting all systems of the body to restore balance and harmony in the biological terrain, we give the front of the eye the best opportunity to achieve its design function of accelerated self-healing. The specific remedies required to achieve this will be different for each individual, and in fact different for the same individual from month to month in the unraveling of the unique individual healing process. Ongoing sources of environmental, dietary, visual and other stress factors will surface as identifiable contributors, and be dealt with in real time as this dynamic healing process unfolds. This book is intended to help as a resource in that process. If this book can facilitate timely identification of a few causative or therapeutic factors for you or your most challenging patient, then it has fulfilled its primary purpose.
- Author BiographyDr. Glen-Martin Swartwout graduated Magna Cum Laude with honors in Environmental Earth Sciences and Chemistry from Dartmouth College, and received his doctorate at the top of his class in Vision Science with honors in Optics as well as Leadership, being inducted into both Beta Sigma Kappa and the Gold Key Honor Societies at the State University of New York in Manhattan, where he trained at the largest outpatient vision clinic in the world. He served as Editor, Vice President and President of the American Optometric Student Association serving 4000 international student doctor members. He is the author of over 50 professional papers, books, and software programs. His first professional office was in Tokyo, Japan.
- Author(s)Glen Swartwout
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication15/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.