All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe creator of Home turns a droll eye to the natural world, with gorgeous art and a playful invented language.Du iz tak? What is that? As a tiny shoot unfurls, two damselflies peer at it in wonder. When the plant grows taller and sprouts leaves, some young beetles arrive to gander, and soon with the help of a pill bug named Icky they wrangle a ladder and build a tree fort. But this is the wild world, after all, and something horrible is waiting to swoop down booby voobeck! only to be carried off in turn. Su! With exquisitely detailed illustrations and tragicomic flair, Carson Ellis invites readers to imagine the dramatic possibilities to be found in even the humblest backyard. Su!
- Author BiographyCarson Ellis is the author-illustrator of the New York Times bestseller Home, her debut solo picture book.She is also the illustrator of The Composer Is Dead by Lemony Snicket and Dillweed s Revenge: A Deadly Dose of Magic by Florence Parry Heide, and she collaborated with her husband, Colin Meloy, on the best-selling Wildwood series. Carson Ellis lives with her family outside Portland, Oregon.
- Author(s)Carson Ellis
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication18/10/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight658 g
- Width251 mm
- Height302 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Carson Ellis
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.