All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.15Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
About this product
- DescriptionNatural duality theory is one of the major growth areas within general algebra. This text provides a short path to the forefront of research in duality theory. It presents a coherent approach to new results in the area, as well as exposing open problems. Unary algebras play a special role throughout the text. Individual unary algebras are relatively simple and easy to work with. But as a class they have a rich and complex entanglement with dualisability. This combination of local simplicity and global complexity ensures that, for the study of natural duality theory, unary algebras are an excellent source of examples and counterexamples. A number of results appear here for the first time. In particular, the text ends with an appendix that provides a new and definitive approach to the concept of the rank of a finite algebra and its relationship with strong dualisability.
- Author(s)Brian A. Davey,Jane Pitkethly
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication22/10/2010
- Series TitleAdvances in Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number9
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight427 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2005
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.