All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully revised and updated for 2016. Now with new Discovery Tours chapter. Marco Polo Dubai: the Travel Guide with Insider Tips Experience all of Dubai's attractions with this up-to-date, authoritative guide, complete with 'Best Of' recommendations. You'll find excellent hotels, numerous recommendations for places to eat and drink, tips on shopping, what to do with children and how to get by on a limited budget, plus information on festivals and events. Also contains: the Perfect Day, Travel Tips, Links, Blogs, Apps & more, and a comprehensive index. As recently as the 1960s Dubai was a relatively insignificant Bedouin settlement, but thanks to oil it is w a global city of superlatives: the world's tallest building, its second-largest shopping mall, and an ermous artificial waterfront. MARCO POLO will see you safely to all the attractions of the city, the second largest of the Emirates. Alongside the new, modern Dubai you'll find plenty of the original town, for example in the historic district of Bastakiya, in the traditional bazaars, the souks or in the Dubai Museum. The most important Highlights tell you what you absolutely shouldn't miss on a visit to Dubai.Insider Tips suggest some vel experiences to be had off the beaten tourist track, such as a visit to the weekend open-air market in the hip district of Dubai Marina or a ride on the Dubai morail which guarantees the best views of the Hotel Atlantis. If you don't want to explore on your own take one of the recommended City Walks on which you can experience both the traditional sides of the city and its skyline of post-modern skyscrapers. Panels in each chapter propose things to do if you're on a tight budget and where to pick up some real bargains. To prevent any blunders, the Dos & Don'ts chapter spells out things you need to be aware of and avoid. The Best Of pages highlight some unique aspects of Dubai, places you can visit for free, as well as oases of calm where you can sit back and relax; there are also tips for what to do on days when it is too hot outside. MARCO POLO Dubai provides comprehensive coverage of the city. To help you find your way around there's a detailed street atlas inside, a folding city map in the backcover, plus a handy pull-out map.
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for their handy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and our Spiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the high quality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight218 g
- Width109 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Travel Guides
- AU $14.98New
- AU $12.54New
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $44.65
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $38.95
- AU $32.12Trending at AU $32.63
- AU $43.95Trending at AU $45.61
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $21.30
- AU $49.50Trending at AU $57.25
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $14.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.