Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $91.20Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMarcel Duchamp's stature in the history of art has grown steadily since the 1950s, several artistic movements having embraced him as their founding father . But although his influence is comparable only to that of Picasso, Duchamp continues to be relatively unkwn outside his narrow circle of followers. This book sets out to offer a careful explanation of the oeuvre which has been shrouded in mystery. Duchamp's two great preoccupations were the nature of scientific truth and a feeling of love with its natural limit, death. His works speak of eroticism in a way that pushes the boundaries of what is socially acceptable to their outer limits. The book also addresses questions such as the meaning of Duchamp's groundbreaking ready-mades and of his installation, Etant Donnes . The text is accompanied by about 300 illustrations and commentaries, covering all of the artist's most important works, in addition to numerous visual references.
- Author BiographyJuan Antonio Ramirez is Professor of History of Art at the Universidad Autonoma de Madrid and the author of several books on art, archicture and film.
- Author(s)Juan Antonio Ramirez
- PublisherReaktion Books
- Date of Publication30/12/1998
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintReaktion Books
- Content Note300 duotone illustrations
- Weight1023 g
- Width193 mm
- Height243 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.