All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the sorry land of Dark, Peterboy searches for something wonderful to make the light shine again in his Grandpapa's eyes. Instead he finds a wounded duck, and Grandpapa mends her from top to tail; quack, waddle and wing. In return she cosies his toes. But ducks live for the feel of wind in their wings, and the day comes when Peterboy must make a fine and fitting fare-thee-well for Idaduck. The children wear their candle-hats to light her way. Grandpapa plays oompapas on his curly brass tootle, and the Darklings' farewell goes all night, until the sun rises on the most wonderful day.
- Author BiographyGlenda Millard lives in the Goldfields region of Central Victoria. Many of her books have won awards, including For All Creatures, illustrated by Rebecca Cool, and Lightning Jack, illustrated by Patricia Mullins, which was shortlisted in the 2013 Children's Book Council of Australia awards, along with Tender Morsels of Saffron Silk. Other titles: And Red Galoshes, illustrated Jonathon Bentley (Walker Books), For All Creatures, illustrated Rebecca Cool (Walker Books 2011), Isabella's Garden, illustrated Rebecca Cool (Walker Books)
- Author(s)Glenda Millard
- PublisherMurdoch Books
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationMillers Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintMurdoch Books
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations (colour)
- Width210 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Stephen Michael King
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.