Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $9.64+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe streets of Dumfries, 'Queen of South', rise steeply from either side of the broad River Nith beyond the rthern shore of the Solway Firth. Established as a royal burgh in 1186, the town has been touched over the centuries by some of the most significant events in Scotland's colourful history, including the protracted border struggles with England. Dumfries can also boast connections with many of the country's famous names; t least the national bard, Robert Burns, who spent the last five years of his life in the town. This book, however, celebrates the more everyday face of Dumfries and its surrounding area, capturing through old photographs the sights of a town that, although it has witnessed many changes in recent years, would still be instantly familiar to the true 'Doonhamer' of a few generations ago.
- Author(s)David Carroll
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication27/06/1996
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Series TitleScotland in Old Photographs
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width172 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.