All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $50.62Trending at AU $53.30
- AU $32.81Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.04Trending at AU $45.25
About this product
- Description(You can be forgiven for looking at the book cover and thinking: mmm.... 50 shades of fat loss! ) So...you want to lose some weight? (You're perusing the diet book section - it's hardly a Sherlock Holmes deduction.) But which diet do you go for: low carbs; low fat; meal replacements; protein only; points; blood group; soup; fasting; double choc muffins? (Okay, we made the last one up.) Chances are you've already tried a few but they've t worked (otherwise you wouldn't be looking for ather diet). But why turn your life upside down by trying to follow someone else's complicated diet plan and end up either starving hungry or eating things you don't like, when the 'rules' of weight loss are so incredibly simple to understand. Why t just design your own eating plan that fits perfectly into your life? After all, you kw yourself better than anyone else. So just how do you do this? (Easy - buy this book!!) Lifelong personal trainers and nutritionists, Paul Lonsdale and Ann Hirst, have the answers. They have spent the last 30 years successfully teaching these 'rules' to thousands of their clients, helping them to t only achieve the shape they were looking for, but more importantly, to keep it as well. The true success of a weight loss plan is t measured in days, weeks or even months but in a lifetime - once it's off, it's got to stay off! Using simple lessons from humanity's early evolution, mixing them with unarguable bits of biology and physiology, then adding a liberal sprinkling of common sense and finally topping it all off with a dash of humour, their brand new book brings all of their kwledge and experience together in one, complete volume. It doesn't pull punches and challenges much of the conventional thinking about weight loss. 'Dump the Diets, Ditch the Scales, Drop the inches' is written in three distinct parts: Part 1: 'An Uncomfortable Truth' provides all the answers, in clear, -nsense terms, how to easily overcome the problem as to why your body gains fat and then stubbornly refuses to lose it. In Part 2: 'You don't need to live like a saint to have the body of an angel' you'll learn everything you need to kw about proteins, carbs, fats, etc. and it will demonstrate how easy it is to design your very own eating plans. In Part 3: Train Smarter, Not Harder it's all about exercise; explaining how to put an effective training programme together and you may be surprised when you learn that it's t how much you need to do, but how little! 'Dump the Diets, Ditch the Scales, Drop the inches' has its foundations laid solidly in logic and science but its unarguable success is built purely from experience and results in the 'real world'. Very simply, it will teach your head the 'rules' that your body has always kwn!
- Author BiographyBoth of us have pretty much spent all of our lives so far - one way or another - in the health and fitness industry; either through direct participation of our relative disciplines: weight training, body building, fitness, gymnastics, boxing, martial arts, etc. or as instructors/coaches at a variety of gyms and other similar institutions in and around Sheffield in the UK. Between us, we've over 60 years of accumulated experience and knowledge and this book is the culmination of all that know-how. Some authors can cite their authority and credentials with long list of letters after their names, but sadly, we can only say: been there, seen it, done it and bought the tee-shirt (although we were around before the tee-shirt was invented). What many people seem to forget is that ours is a practical industry and with regard to successfully achieving your body shape you desire, the 'proof is in the pudding', so to speak In other words, you can take all the scientific data and research in the world but if you can't apply it effectively to the person stood in front of you, desperately trying to lose weight, then it's nothing more than a bunch of indecipherable words and meaningless statistics. In the past, both of us have suffered from various 'body image' issues and the drive and determination to wage 'fat loss war' on our own demons, allows us to easily empathise with our clients individual problems. This empathy generates our success as personal trainers and nutritionists, because once we've accepted the 'science' as valid, we then work out how it would actually apply to the 'real person in the street'. People look at us, and even though we are now fifty-something grandparents, they assume that because we still have well defined physiques with low body fat levels, we must live like saints on salads and spend all our time in the gym, regularly jumping on the weighing scales. Sorry to disappoint; you will only see us training two or three times per week for about 45 minutes per workout. I will do an occasional jog and Ann will power-march. Our fridge not only has chicken, fish and salad, but a pizza, a bottle of wine or a couple of beers and it's not unusual to find us in a pub on Saturday night. Monday to Friday we are strict about our training, eating and drinking habits - then we have the weekend off. It's all about balance and quality of life. We've finally found ours; hopefully, this book will help you to find yours.
- Author(s)MR Paul Lonsdale,Mrs Ann Hirst
- Date of Publication04/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.