Dunces with Wolves: The Third Volume of the Bernard Jones Investing Diaries by Nick Louth (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen it comes to money, Bernard Jones is a bit of a dunce. The retired civil servant and amateur investor discovers that when share prices start plunging his wealth falls even faster. As the credit crunch bites, he and his share club cronies at the Ring o'Bells pub find they can't bank on a bank, build wealth on a housebuilder, r rely on a retailer. Bernard can, however, rely on his domineering wife Eunice. A woman of persistent passion and advancing dress size, she single-handedly keeps Britain's consumer spending alive. From sustainable teak gcchi spoons to Andalucian macrame shoe organisers, there isn't much you can teach Eunice about stocking up on essentials. Though Eunice runs the household with a rod of organic celery, Bernard is never quite defeated. His elevenses of biscuits and cakes may be switched for endive and papaya salad, his prostate prodded, his railway modeling hobby ridiculed, but he comes out fighting.With a mordant eye and caustic pen, he goes in to battle t just against the injustices of marriage, but on behalf of the financially downtrodden everywhere.For those who lost money on Northern Rock, those who were short-changed by Equitable Life and those who were gobbled up by the wolves of the stock market, Bernard Jones is your champion, an anti-hero for our age of over-achievement.
- Author BiographyNick Louth is a financial journalist, author and investment commentator. He is a former Reuters correspondent, and a regulator contributor to the Financial Times, Investors Chronicle and Money Observer. Nick Louth is married and lives in Lincolnshire. Nick Louth is the author of: -- Multiply Your Money -- Bite -- The Investment Diary of Bernard Jones -- Bernard Jones and the Temple of Mammon
- Author(s)Nick Louth
- PublisherHarriman House Publishing
- Date of Publication06/11/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationPetersfield
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarriman House Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight336 g
- Width156 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.